“The most effective and efficient job search strategy is a self-motivated approach. This is a proactive approach where the job seeker actively engages the job market to discover opportunities where their skills and competencies bring the greatest value to an employer.”
In this podcast interview (link), Chris Russell of Career Cloud Radio asks Brian about the following topics and more.
- What does the job market look like from where you sit…
- How can candidates get off to a successful start in their job search?
- How much does your attitude figure in?
- Your Career . . . Your Responsibility
- Understanding the Employer’s Mindset
- What’s an Exit Statement…and how to use it.
- Resume tips
- What Recruiters Can and Cannot Do for You
- How to find a good recruiter…what to look for?
- General rules around proactively marketing yourself in a job search
- Unique tactics…what’s a brag book?
© 2016 Brian E. Howard. All rights reserved. No part of the content of this response or post may be used or reproduced in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, digital, photocopying, or recording, without the expressed written permission from the author.